Thursday, March 24, 2016

Palm leaves

MAGYAR verzió                                                                                                                                     Nothing to disclose

I just painted the nails of my life!
It started with a picture that I've found on Tumblr (scroll down a bit to see it), I saved it, but I forgot to save the actual URL, so I have no idea who made the pic (leave a comment if you have any information about it). Anyway, I knew that I HAVE TO have it on my nails!
First I wanted a burnt orange base, but thank God I remembered that I have a gorgeous coppery bronze metallic polish from Essie called Leggy Legend, which is actually from the Fall 2015 collection. Now this is how you make a summery nail art with a fall polish...in Spring :D


Isn't this pattern gorgeous? Now I want to paint this design on one of the walls of my room. 


I painted everything with acrylic paint. Actually it wasn't too hard, but the green "gradient" leaf base took about 1,5 hours to paint (I only did these 4 nails), the black outline was a piece of cake compared to the gradient, it only took about 15-20 minutes.
I made a video tutorial too, you can watch it HERE, I only have a 15sec Insta video, I jut don't have time to make a longer one for Youtube. Also, I'm not going to do videos more often, because I always make myself angry during the process: it's so hard to hold my hand in position, I don't see what I'm painting, it's too far away, my hand starts to shake, the camera angle is just terrible, so I always end up hating the whole video tutorial thing :D It's fine for stamping, but for freehand nail art it's really not too great. At least for me.


Anyway, I simply L O V E how these turned out. I don't think I can do better palm nails ever (well, of course I'm going to paint more, because there's no summer without a weekly palm mani LOL).

Let me know what you think about these!





4 comments:

  1. Love these...colors are so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love your design :) FYI, I backsearched the image and found it for you! Here you go :)
    http://shawnbrackbill.tumblr.com/post/139333404414/adam-lippes-aw16-shawn-brackbill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM TRYING THESE OMG THEY ARE GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete